Friday, May 25, 2018

If I Had God's Power...


Imagine if God said to you today," I am giving you ALL of my power!"
The power we are talking about is like in the book of Genesis when God said,"Let there be..." and it would happen.  The power of the spoken word to where whatever you speak, it would happen.

What would you do with that power?

You might say, I would eliminate suffering,

remove evil from the world,

fix the problems my friends and family are experiencing....

Although we would hesitate to say it, many of us have thought that, "If I were God, I would do things differently."

Am I the only one who has ever thought this?

Who hasn't asked God why he allows the things that He allows?

Let me say this, if in your mind you are thinking you would do things any way differently from God then you are judging Him as being less than and yourself as being greater.

You see the problem is, we don't have all the information in front of us. The things that look awful and sorrowful and painful aren't always what they seem at face value. God has allowed those things to happen for a reason we are unaware of.

God cannot make anyone love him so He allows people to choose whether or not to pursue Him, even to make choices for good or evil. God wants us to passionately love Him and do what is pleasing to Him. Yet He gives us a choice.

If I were to ask you what does Romans 8 tell you we would think of scriptures like;

 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The scriptures people don't always mention include;

"We are like lambs being led to the slaughter"

and

"we are daily being given over to death."

We walk through the hard times and we really do feel like lambs led to the slaughter. In the place of passionate love when your heart has been met by Jesus, our heart cry becomes,

"Lord, you are worth everything that I am walking through." 

It is as we walk through these things that God is removing the dross from our hearts. We are brought to the place of, "God you are all I have."

   There was one time in my life that I cried out to God for something I thought was best for me but it wasn't happening and I was heartbroken. Life wasn't working the way I thought it should and I cried out to the Lord, "God why? I can't keep going on like this."

 God spoke gently to my heart, "Andy, when you are ready to say, not my will but yours be done, there will be healing for your heart." Life wasn't working the way I thought it should but I didn't know the things that God knew. I didn't know that what was the absolute best for my life was coming down the road.

God is sovereign and knows what is best for us and He is looking for passionate love from hearts that trust him. Will you let go and trust Him today for your life and circumstances? Will you trade what you think is best for what He thinks is the best for your life? Would you trade what you want in this world to know and love God deeply and passionately?

 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,  that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Philippians 3:8-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

Revelation 3:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


For further study, consider our podcast which you can stream here:


Visit our website for more videos and audio messages:
circuitriderministries.org









No comments:

Post a Comment