Monday, April 1, 2019

Loneliness


Turn to me and be gracious to me,
For I am lonely and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses.
18 Look upon my affliction and my trouble,
And forgive all my sins.
19 Look upon my enemies, for they are many,
And they hate me with violent hatred.
20 Guard my soul and deliver me;
Do not let me be ashamed, for I take refuge in You.
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.
22 Redeem Israel, O God,
Out of all his troubles.


Psalm 25:16-22

There are going to be seasons in our lives when we walk through valleys of loneliness. Sometimes it involves loss. Loss of friendship, loss of family members and loved ones.... sometimes it involves change or difficult circumstances or financial problems.

Loneliness doesn't simply mean being alone. You can experience loneliness while in a crowd of people or even in the company of your spouse or those closest to you.

That is because there is a place in your heart that is only reserved for Jesus Christ, the King of kings, our faithful unchanging friend.

Consider this...., I believe there is a reason or purpose for these lonely moments and it brings comfort to me as I walk through them.

I have found in my own life, four particular reasons for lonely seasons that I'd like to share with you over the next few blog posts. I hope you will be encouraged in your faith and reflect upon these posts as you walk through your own valley seasons.



Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”

Hebrews 13:5 NASB



For further study today, consider this video:










Photo by Jeremy Cai on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment