Tuesday, June 18, 2019

God's purpose for Loneliness Part 3



And He *said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while.” (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.) Mark 6:31 NASB

As I reflect upon the subject of loneliness in these blog posts, I want to remind you of something encouraging from my own journey with the Lord. I have found that there is a purpose behind the lonely seasons that God will reveal to us as we get quiet and listen for His voice.

In my last two posts I talked about how God allows these seasons for times of testing and as preparation for times of change.

Today I want to talk about the third purpose, that I have found for these lonely seasons. Sometimes it may be for the purpose of rest. God may be, "recharging our batteries," so that we can endure what He knows is ahead of us. We have a faithful High Priest, Jesus, who knows our frailties and needs along the journey. He's the Good Shepherd who is not distant but in fact He is intimately and actively involved in the details of your life. When you find yourself in that lonely season, keep your eyes on Jesus and remember that He who numbered the hairs of your head has not forgotten about you.

14 But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me,
And the Lord has forgotten me.”
15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child
And have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.
Isaiah 49:14-15 










Photo by Simon Migaj on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment