Monday, January 1, 2018

I Hope in thy Word


I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

My favorite definition of hope, is, "the expectation of future good." It's looking at my circumstances with the viewpoint that God is working out all things for my good. 

We can look at our situation from this perspective because we love God and we are "called," according to His purpose. 

There are three truths we must reflect upon in our trials that we can bank our lives on.

The first truth is that we know that God is sovereign
therefore he is in control. 

Even chaos and tragedy serve His eternal purpose.

               Secondly we must become convinced of His wisdom . 

The trials He allows are necessary to bring us to the place he desires to lead us to. 


              Lastly we must become convinced of His love

Nothing can come into our lives that has not been first filtered through the hands of a God who loves us.

In this coming New Year, though we may not know what awaits our lives, these three truths are the one constant. 

They are anchors of hope in life’s troubled sea.


This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure 
and steadfast and one which enters within the veil
Hebrews 6:19

For further reflections; consider my podcast from July of 2017, you can stream it here:



No comments:

Post a Comment