Friday, March 9, 2018

The Hem of His Garment




       I can't speak for everyone else but I can speak of this for me, I know that God is good. I'm convinced of it. When circumstances change in our lives many pray a prayer of spiritual warfare against the enemy. Over the years having read the book of Jeremiah many times, Jeremiah asserts that God is in control.

It is God who sent enemies because they are the servants of His indignation. So our problem is never with the enemy, oftentimes it's with God. The Lord is able to speak a word and change everything for the better in our situation. So the first thing we can do is examine our hearts to see if there is sin going on in our lives.

If in fact God is chastising us, repent. Cry out to God for forgiveness and to give you clean hands and a pure heart.

If not and you are experiencing a season of difficulty or sorrow, If you put your eyes upon Him you'll find in every tragedy, the fingerprint of God. The times when righteousness was perfected in my life was always in the time of tears. I've had to grab hold of the hem of His garment.

Whether you like it or not, it is through suffering that we learn righteousness! Our prayer in those times is for God to be gracious to us. Years ago I was was talking with a good friend whose wife was stricken with cancer and I'll never forget he said to me, "Andy, I know that God is able to heal my wife, But whether he does or not, we still belong to Him."

That reminded me of the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who were to be cast into the fiery furnace. They acknowledged that God was able to deliver them but even if He did not, they still belonged to Him. They would not bow to the king's golden statue. If you find yourself today in a difficult place and it seems like God has forgotten you, know that He hasn't. Put your eyes upon Him like a servant with their eyes upon their master. In the place of prayer, take hold of the hem of His garment and trust in Him.

The LORD is Good, A strong hold in the day of trouble; And He knoweth them that trust in Him. Nahum 1:7 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment