Thursday, July 12, 2018

Recalibrate Your Anticipator

And looking at them Jesus said to them, With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

How many times do we pray to God without anticipation? There was an old country boy I met, he was a mechanic and he once said to me, "You know what? Sometimes we need our anticipator recalibrated!" 

I don't know anything about calibration, I know it must have something to do with adjusting but I never forgot that statement. 

As you read this blog, think about that for a minute. How often do we pray with no anticipation or expectation that God is going to hear us?

The Psalmist David said, "I will lift up my prayer in the morning and I will begin to anticipate how you will answer me."

I decided to start writing a gratitude journal. Every day I write down three things I am grateful for that day. 

With me I have found that beginning the day with gratitude is helping me to anticipate God's faithfulness throughout my day. 

Walking daily in faith and gratitude, expecting to see God and meditating upon Him, will transform your day into something beautiful.


When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He *said to him, “Do you wish to get well?”  The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”  Jesus *said to him, Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.”  Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.

John 5:6-9

For further study today consider this video:







No comments:

Post a Comment